Afrin Day 37: Refugees to return when Turks bring stability to Syria - Erdoğan

14:00 Refugees to return home once Turkey brings peace to Syria - Erdoğan 

Syrian refugees in Turkey will be able to return home after Turkey has restored peace and stability to "Manbij and other areas" of Syria, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Sunday in the Turkish city of Gaziantep.

Regarding the military operation in Afrin, Erdoğan said Turkey would keep up its efforts until the PYD was destroyed.

15:15 After Afrin, pro-Syrian government forces may deploy in Manbij

Forces loyal to Syria’s President Assad will enter the city of Manbij in the coming days, following an agreement with the Kurdish dominated Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), an anonymous Kurdish official told Russian news site Sputnik on Saturday.

13:28 : Salih Muslim detained in Prague

Salih Muslim, former co-chair of the Democratic Union Party (PYD), was detained on Saturday in the Czech capital of Prague, reports Turkey’s semi-official news agency AA.

Turkey had recently placed a $1 million bounty on him and issued a red notice for his arrest

12:43 Number of "neutralised" enemy fighters exceeds 2,000. 

The Turkish military announced that the number of enemy fighters "neutralised" has reached 2018, since it's operation in Afrin, codenamed "Operation Olive Branch" began on 20th Jan. 

A Turkish soldier was also killed yesterday in Afrin, bringing the number of dead suffered by the Turkish military to 34. 

10:52 UN Security Council adopts Syria ceasefire resolution

The UN Security Council last night unanimously adopted a resolution demanding a 30-day ceasefire in Syria last night.

The resolution comes amid dire warnings about the humanitarian situation in the the rebel held enclave of Eastern Ghouta rebel enclave near Damascus. Some 500 people are believed to have been killed by Syrian government aligned forces in the enclave in the last week alone.

The U. N. vote had been delayed several times since Thursday as members struggled to come to an agreement, with Western diplomats accusing Russian representatives of stalling for time.