Iraqi Kurdish government releases photos of another suspect of Turkish diplomat’s murder in Erbil
The Kurdistan Regional Government on Saturday released photographs of a seventh suspect what it said involved in the murder of a Turkish diplomat in northern Iraq last week, state-run Anadolu Agency reported.
Osman Köse, the Turkish vice-consul in Erbil, was killed along with two Iraqi nationals when two gunmen opened fire on the men, who were at a restaurant in the neighbourhood of Ainkawa.
Two men, Mazlum Dağ and Muhammed Bisksi, have been arrested in connection to the incident.
“Suspect Siyako Baqi Abdul Kareem [Bradosti] is wanted by the security services of the Kurdistan Region. He is accused of taking part in the terrorist activity of July 17 in the city of Erbil, where an employee of the Turkish Consulate-General in Erbil, along with two other citizens, lost their lives,” said the statement by the counter-terrorism branch of the Kurdistan Region Security Council.
Officials in Ankara and Erbil have called the incident a terrorist attack. No group or individual has claimed responsibility for the shooting, but Turkey says the attackers were members of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), an armed group which has been fighting inside Turkey for more than three decades.