Two more local newspapers shut down by state decree
Two newspapers in western Turkey were closed down by a recent state of emergency decree, local news site Haber32 said.
The newspapers, serving the province of Isparta - Akdeniz newspaper, based in the city centre, and Çınaraltı, which served the town of Yalvaç - were included on the list of 17 institutions to be closed as part of decree no. 695 with the force of law, passed on Sunday.
The news site reported that one of the partners in the firm that owned the newspapers had been jailed on allegations of being a member of the Gülen movement, which the Turkish government says masterminded the July 2016 failed coup attempt.