Mob boss postpones highly anticipated address to Erdoğan
Convicted mob boss Sedat Peker has announced that he is postponing the latest of his tell-all videos, which is set to address Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
The highly anticipated address to the Turkish president will take place after June 14th instead of the scheduled date of Sunday, the exiled mob boss, who has made international headlines over his allegations linking government officials to organised crime, said on Twitter on Wednesday.
Yani bana ajan diyorlar Tayyip abiyle helalleşme videosunu 14 Haziran sonrasına bırakıyorum ama söz namus çekeceğim. Bu pazar para alan milletvekilini, pammıköreni ve süslü sülümanı kibrit kutusuna sokacağım. Kırk yaşından genç kardeşlerim bu hafta çok eğleneceğiz hem de çok.— Sedat Peker (@sedat_peker) June 2, 2021
The videos of the 49-year-old mafia leader made in exile contain allegations against several prominent individuals, including leading figures from Erdoğan’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) and have taken Turkey by storm.
The charges levelled by the mob boss at past and present government officials range from drug smuggling to murder and rape, allegations many officials have denied.
"I am leaving the video making amends with Tayyip Abi (older brother) until after June 14,’’ Peker said, vowing that he would be posting it.
"My brothers and sisters below 40, we are going to have so much fun this week,’’ he added.
Peker, known as an Erdoğan loyalist, had promised to address the Turkish president in his next video.
Erdoğan last week broke his silence over Peker’s allegations, describing them as a “devious operation” targeting Turkey and his rule.
“We will spoil these games, these plots. No one should doubt that we will disrupt this devious operation,” T24 cited Erdoğan as saying in an address to members of his ruling AKP.