Jan 15 2018

100,000 still waiting for their right to appeal arbitrary measures

Even though Ankara chief public prosecutor's office returned to work most of those discovered to have been wrongly accused of using a mobile application associated with the Gülen movement 15 days after the detection of the plot, the cases of almost 100,000 people who say their rights have been violated by arbitrary state of emergency measures are still waiting at the state of emergency (OHAL) commission, opposition newspaper Cumhuriyet said.

11,480 people accused of membership of the Fethullah Gülen movement has been cleared of charges after it was revealed they were mistakenly directed to IP addresses used by a mobile messaging application connected to the group blamed for last year’s failed coup.

Thousands of people applied to the constitutional court and ECHR, but these courts have sent the cases to the OHAL Commission.

If a civil servant who was fired by state of emergency decree is returned by decree again, they can work at the place that they used to work, but it is unknown which city or which foundation a civil servant returned by commission decision will be sent to work at, the newspaper said.

According to the latest figures, 108,736 people have been suspended from public institutions and foundations by state of emergency decree, and 104,398 of them have applied to the OHAL commission to appeal the verdicts. The commission has announced that it has made decisions on some files, but as of yet, has not said how many.

 

http://www.cumhuriyet.com.tr/haber/turkiye/905067/Devletin_KHK_kaosu..._100_bin_kisinin_hak_ihlali_iddiasi_h_l__cevapsiz.html